Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What did I learn about myself today?





I have absolutely no desire to go to a soccer stadium even if involves some insight into a different culture. As many of you know, Spain I known for their soccer. For some reason I thought I should pay five Euros to go tour the soccer stadium because I thought that maybe it would be different, I thought that we were getting free t-shirts, and I thought we were going to be able to watch an actual game. I was wrong. We did not do any of those things. All I got to see was the stinky locker rooms and the area where the rich people buy tickets so they can be in the air conditioning. The experience was ridiculous. People were so excited to get their pictures taken in the press area, but not me. I do not understand what the big deal is. I guess for the guys on this trip it was exciting being in the same area that the athletes were, but the soccer players are just people so I do not understand why people think they are so important. Soccer players are just doing their jobs and people get all excited over it. But moving on, in the morning five of us walked to the Ciudad de las artes y ciencias, which is an area where the buildings are very modernistic. I really enjoyed it. It was the longest and the hottest walk I have ever taken. According to Google maps it said that it was 8 miles each way, but it definitely did not feel that long. To finish off the night we went to a zumería, which is a place that makes drinks out of fresh fruit. I had the most amazing strawberry banana smoothie that I have had in my life. Of course it was expensive, but the place had an islandy feel and the drink was amazing. So, am I planning on ever going back to this place? Absolutely. Attached are some pictures from the what I did in the morning, the smoothies we had, and a sign for a restroom that I found rather amusing so I thought I would share. Also, the picture of the thing that kind of looks like a person is actually a kids playground. It was huge. Oh something I forgot. Today there was a national strike because the government is trying to decrease salaries for workers from five to fifteen percent. What does this mean for me? No school!

1 comment:

  1. "Smoothie"?? Or Margaritaville?? We were hoping you were going to come out of your shell on this trip, but w/ the neked beaches and smoothies, hopefully not out of your clothes! We miss you and look forward to future blogs and your return home;)

    ReplyDelete