Sunday, June 6, 2010

Corpus Christi Parade.



Today, I did not do much because I had homework and studying to do. Even though I have been at it all day I still feel as though I did not get very far. There was a festival in the streets today and not only were we lucky enough to have the parade come to our street, but my balcony was also facing the street that the parade took place on! The parade for Corpus Christi was the longest parade I have ever experienced. A group of us went out in the morning to see the parade on the street because they had a total of three going on throughout the day (one at noon, one at 4:30, and one at 7:30). I really enjoyed the parade and liked how it brought people together. I only wish that I knew a little more information about what was going on through the parade, but I am planning on talking to my culture professor about it tomorrow. My favorite part of the parade was of course the finale because the people in the balconies threw rose petals on the people walking through it was really pretty. People here really went all out for this parade and it seems like the whole city was involved. As I am writing this people are in the streets cleaning the rose petals as well as the sand that was put on the road. It was really cool to watch and take part in the festivities.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks like so much fun! Did you walk out in the petals??

    ReplyDelete