Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Soccer Translation: Who is the better actor?



Out of all the sports I have seen, I have got to say that soccer is one of my favorites. People are so passionate about it here. Today, I watched the Spain versus Portugal game with the students at the dorms. I really enjoyed hearing their chants, seeing them get angry, seeing a voodoo doll with Portugal on it, but most of all I enjoyed Spain’s 1-0 win over Portugal (their ultimate rivals). I do not like how dirty the play the game though. And a lot of times when a player gets tapped on the field the player will dramatically fall and pretend that they were injured really badly to try to get the other player yellow carded. Yes, I actually understand soccer terminology. But, who are the winners of the game? Usually the ones that are the better actors. Watching this game with the Spanish students was a lot of fun. Above is a picture of me with one of my favorite professors ever. She came to the dorms to watch the game with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment