Thursday, June 3, 2010

Let's Salsa!


Today I learned about how much rhythm I do not have. I attempted to learn how to salsa, but I swear I have two left feet. We learned how to do the steps ourselves and then when we got paired with our partners I was then told that the steps for the girls were backwards from what we were taught. I mean I was already having issues with the original steps, but then I had to try to do them backwards. Let’s just say that I was not as successful with the steps as I would have hoped and the sense of rhythm that is supposed to run through Cuban veins does not apply to me. On a side note, on the way to school this morning a woman on the street gave me and the other three girls I was walking with a very rude/deathly look. But, it was not just a look, but instead it was a stop in the middle of the sidewalk and glare until we walked past her. Some people here are so rude. The picture attached is one of the buildings that I pass on the way back to the dorms. If I see this building I am not only self-assured that I am going in the right direction, but also that I am really close!

1 comment:

  1. Free Salsa nights back at school! Are we going?? Yes? It's a chance for you to practice and show me some salsa moves!!

    ReplyDelete