Thursday, May 27, 2010

Día 6- Churros con chocolate



Today was the first day where when I woke up and I felt absolutely terrible, so I did not do much. I went to class and then I went to a grocery store that was on the way back from school. I spent a ridiculous 21 Euros on shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and Chap Stick. Everything here appears to be at least twice as much as it would be in the U.S. We went back for lunch. Then I did nothing for a while since I was really tired. After a while, a few of the girls and I decided that we wanted to go shopping and try churros with chocolate (it was the best homework assignment I have ever gotten). I bought a really pretty dress from natura, but I was unable to find shoes. I really need a good pair of comfortable shoes that will be able to go with dresses. I walk around so much here that everything from about mid-thigh down hurts in some way. I know that I will get used to walking around soon, so it is not that big of a deal. The churros were amazing and a very loose comparison would be to chocolate covered funnel cake. A few people had not gone to get churros from ‘Valor’ (a chocolatería that has been there since 1881!) but they were closed so they got gelato instead. The city is beautiful at night. I love the atmosphere and the temperature is comfortable. You would only need a light jacket.

2 comments: