Monday, May 24, 2010

Día 1 - Wake up call at 1:30am


Lufthansa airlines. What an experience. My flight left today from Atlanta to Frankfurt, Germany at 6:15. Thus leading into the longest traveling experience of my life at this point. On the flight I watched one movie before I attempted to sleep to avoid jetlag. Failure. And this began with one word ‘kids.’ I do not understand how parents cannot teach their children to be respectful of other people and their property. I know that they are just children, but having a child run around the plane and messing with the seats of the passengers around them was something very hard on my part to tolerate. By the time I was able to drift to a light snooze Lufthansa decided to give us a wake up call by turning on the lights at 1:30 in the morning even though we still had a good hour and half left of the trip. Why you may ask? To give us hot moist towels, which I could have willingly done without in exchange for some extra sleep. Surprisingly, they did give us dinner and breakfast. The flight from Germany to Madrid was better, but upsettingly I was unable to sleep. When we got to Madrid we came to the hotel Tryp Gran Via where a few of us decided to wander the streets. I used an ATM here for the first time, but I was not quite sure what I was doing. It ended up giving me money so I must have done something right. I love the architecture here. The buildings are beautiful. The city is a bit overwhelming this weekend because there is a fútbol game tomorrow. It is a game to decide who represents Europe in the World Cup. I am pretty sure it was Germany against Italy, but I am not positive. People are crazy here and I definitely have already seen prostitutes on the street already. Our hotel room is nice except for the fact that we do not have a view and it is right outside the elevators. I can everyone’s conversations clearly, which makes me believe that they can hear me. We had dinner at the hotel and the only food that I recognized were potatoes. After that a few of us walked around the city and got gelato. I do not know what I had, but it was delicious and there was chocolate drizzled on top! The image uploaded is the bus that we had to ride to get to our gate in Germany. The middle of the bus moved when the driver would turn.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely blogged! Haha, sorry you couldn't sleep because of the kids. And I laughed out loud when I read the prostitute line...it just kind of popped out of nowhere, lol. And I'm loving your pictures!

    ReplyDelete