Monday, May 24, 2010

Día 2- Somos de Canadá!



I did not sleep to well because I was woken up by people in the hallway. Today I was not jetlag at all and I am surprised about how fast it took me to get used to the six-hour time change. The group woke up early and met in the lobby after breakfast at 10am. We were then given the choice to do an optional group tour of el Palacio Real or to go to el Prado which is an art museum. I decided to go to the palace because I wanted to spend more time walking the streets and it was a beautiful day. The palace was huge and beautiful and it is hard to imagine Spain’s kings and queens living there. We were not allowed to take pictures inside and I got yelled at. Leaving the palace one of the guards very rudely asked if we were Americans, and one of my friend’s Janda responded very quickly with ‘No, somos de Canada.’ So now I am from Canada so I am not ‘un Americano estupido.’ After the palace we wandered the streets back to the hotel where a few of us got phones, I did not really see the use in it so I did not get one. After getting phones we found a cute little restaurant and ate delicious chicken bocadillos. Then, we went to a beautiful park, but we were rushed because we had to get back to dinner on time. I find it easy to speak Spanish here and I enjoy it, but many others in the group only speak English. We went to the stadium where the game was and there were so many people. It was a lot dirtier than expected. After going to the stadium a group of was went to a sports bar to drink sangria and watch the game. I was so tired from walking the city all day that we wanted to sit down at a table. Apparently, we were not allowed to sit at a table because we were not ordering something from the restaurant. It was so annoying because there was not a single person sitting at any of there tables. There must have been at least 12. Because of this a few of us left earlier because we were so tired that we could not be standing any longer. Over all I really enjoyed the experience. The pictures posted are from el palacio real and a picture of the stadium on game day.

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. I think it is a perfect temperature out here. Right now it is 75 degrees and sunny. There is no humidity at all.

    ReplyDelete