Monday, May 24, 2010

Día 3- Que es tú nombre? Gloria. GLORIA ESTEFAN?!?!


Woke up early from not getting too much sleep because I am still having issues with jetlag. We went to el rastro which is a flea market in Madrid that only opens on Sundays. I bought a few things there for very cheap including jewelry. Then we came back to the hotel to pack our things and go on a bus to Valencia, a four and a half hour drive. The drive was really pretty and on the way we stopped at a Spanish version of a truck stop. It was very interesting to see how things were different. When we got to Valencia an hour late (because the driver was of course late in picking us up) we had an orientation and we had our first meal in the dorms. Our room by the way is huge. We definitely got the best one. It has two balconies of the street. I will take pictures. People here seem to be a nice. Some boys from the University gave us a tour, which seems confusing, but I am starting to get it. I was finally able to contact my family today even though we still not have Internet in our rooms. There is wifi but the Spaniards are hogging the passwords so that it will not slow down the internet for them. Selfish I know, but I cannot blame them. Since I could not sleep a few of us went to a small bar with some of the Spaniards in the University. We talked for a bit and then I came back to my room around one where I laid awake for hours. It is hard to adjust to the time difference because I am barely getting any sleep, but I am still not tired. Hopefully, this will change soon. I want to get a descent amount of sleep. The picture I added was from the flea market, el rastro.

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are amazing!! It's beautiful there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...is there a story attached with the title of this blog??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it was what the Spaniards said to me when I introduced myself. Like five of them said it in unison. It was funny.

    ReplyDelete