Sunday, May 30, 2010

Día 10- Castillo!




Woke up early to go the Castillo Romano de Sagunto. It is a castle in a city called Sagunto. The people in the castle fought General Hannabil in 219 B.C. four months waiting for the Romans to come and help them. But, they got defeated after four months because the Romans never came. The caste itself was beautiful. The walk up was a little rough since we had to walk up a mountain to get there, but it was worth it. Mistake number one of my day? Do not wear sandals when you are going to visit a very old castle and that is on top of a mountain. I do not know what I was expecting to see and why I wore a dress and sandals, but it was definitely the wrong way to go. But, all that matters is that I made it without falling on my face or hurting myself. So that is a victory in itself. To get to the castle we took a train, which was the first time I had been on a train that was not considered a metro. Someone came around and checked for your tickets and everything, which is something I have personally never experienced. It was interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Gloria, it looks like you are having such a good time! I love the pictures and you look great :) I miss you and can't wait to hear all about the trip from you!

    ReplyDelete