Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Día 4- Discovering the City



I woke up early to go to classes. We had breakfast where I had the best orange juice I have ever tasted in my life. It was about a half hour walk to get to class and we waited for about a half an hour before the professors showed up because they did not think that we were going to have classes today. The professors at this school are fantastic and I am looking forward to going to class. You can really tell that they enjoy what they do for a living and genuinely care. I am taking a Spanish Culture class, which looks very interesting, and a Spanish Business class, which looks like it is going to be a little more work. At lunch while trying to put my tray back I dropped it on the floor and broke a plate. People stood up and clapped and all I could think about is that I would do something like that. After lunch at the dorms we were supposed to go to the bank, but me and Janda lost track of time and were unable to meet up with the group. So we wandered the streets. We walked all around the city only speaking Spanish. We found El Corto Inglés, which is a ridiculous version of Macy’s with a supermarket in the basement. Everything is really overpriced. The store is literally ten floors. I did not like the store at all and I do not really have the desire to go back. Today was exciting for the two of us because we managed to walk around without getting directions or even looking at a map. It was the first time we were not with the group and it was the first time where people talked to us in Spanish and smiled. It was nice. We had a scavenger hunt around the city where we had to take pictures with different landmarks and my group won! It was exhausting and my feet hurt really badly. We will get a free dinner at a restaurant near us! The pictures I have attached are the view from my balcony!

1 comment:

  1. The views are so pretty! I really like the pink building across from you, it's cute!

    ReplyDelete